Nutrition per serving: 173 kcal, 14g Fats, 10g Carbs, 4g Protein
TROPICAL GLUTEN FREE GRANOLACourse: Breakfast
1 cup (165g) pineapple, cubed
5 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
Orange, 2 tbsp. juice
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
3 cups (400g) almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup (150g) cashew nuts, roughly chopped
3 cups (90g) unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds
½ tsp. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 250F (120C) and prepare 2 racks lined with baking sheets.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the pineapple, dates, orange juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Next add in the coconut oil and blend again. Set aside until required.
- Chop up the almonds and cashew nuts and transfer into a large bowl. Add the coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, salt and mix well.
- Fold in the pineapple mix into the nuts and mix well until combined.
- Divide the wet granola between the two earlier prepared baking sheets and spread into a thin layer.
- Place into the oven and bake for around 2 hours. Give the granola a mix every 20 mins and rotate the trays after 60 mins of baking.
- In the last 30 mins keep a close eye on the granola to prevent burning. Finish baking as granola turns golden brown. Cool to room temperature and transfer into airtight containers.
- The granola will keep for a couple of weeks.
- Nutrition information is given per serving size of ¼ cup – 28 grams.
7 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories173
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Leave a Comment