Nutrition per serving: 260 kcal, 13g Fats, 10g Carbs, 25g Protein
THAI BASIL BEEFCourse: Dinner
- For the beef:
1 lb. (450g) flank steak, sliced in thin strips
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup (24g) Thai basil leaves (or regular Basil)
- For the sauce:
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
4 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, place the beef, water, corn-starch, and soy sauce. Toss everything to coat and marinate for 10-30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Remove the beef from the marinade and sear the beef until browned, (2-3 minutes), then set it aside.
- Add the bell pepper and green onion to the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Next, add in the garlic, and cook for another 1 more minute.
- Return the beef back to the pan along with the sauce. Cook until thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the Thai (or regular) basil and cook until it is just wilted. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds alongside rice.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories260
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 25g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.