Nutrition per serving: 428 kcal, 21g Fats, 35g Carbs, 30g Protein
STICKY CHICKEN ASIAN SALADCourse: Lunch
300g (10 ½ oz.) chicken breast fillets
2 tbsp. soy sauce (gluten free)
¼ cup (90g) clear honey
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. sesame oil
3 ½ cups (350g) cabbage, finely sliced
1 large carrot, finely sliced
1 cucumber, finely sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
1 cup (30g) mint, leaves
1 cup (30g) fresh coriander, leaves
½ cup (80g) almonds, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Lay the chicken between 2 sheets of clingfilm and pound with a rolling pin to slightly flatten.
- To make the marinade, put the soy sauce, honey, garlic and 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and put in the fridge. Allow it to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until brown. Then take off the pan, and set aside to slightly cool and thinly slice or shred.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining marinade to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until sticky. Set aside to cool.
- Put the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onion, mint, coriander, almonds, sesame seeds and the chicken in a large serving bowl. Add the soy dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve straight away or store in the fridge.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories428
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 30g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.