Nutrition per serving: 261 kcal, 4g Fats, 47g Carbs, 14g Protein
SPANISH LENTIL STEWCourse: Dinner
2 tsp. coconut oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 large potato, cut into bite-size pieces
2 carrots, chopped
100g green beans, chopped
2-3 bay leaves
150g brown lentils
3 cups (700ml) vegetable stock
2 cups (475ml) tomato passata
chilli powder, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the potato, carrots, green beans and bay leaves. Cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Next, add in the passata and continue cooking for 2 mins. Finally, add the lentils and the vegetable stock. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, and hot paprika to taste. If necessary, add more stock, depending on the consistency you want to achieve (more think for stew, more liquid for soup).
- Remove the bay leaves and garlic before serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories261
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 14g 29%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.