Putting Myself First
This inspirational weight loss story comes from Awinkfield, who has lost 109lbs over the last 20 months and is now focusing on maintaining this weight loss. In her story she talks about the importance taking care of your own body and having a good support system.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
I was at the point of getting another size larger and I refused to allow it. I also know that I am a loving family member and friend but I really felt it was time to focus that love on myself by taking care of my body and spirit.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I have tried diet pills, cabbage soup diet, and no carb diet.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I attended Weight Watchers, used Calorie Count and joined Planet Fitness.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I track all my foods each day and check the calories, sodium, sugar content on all labels as well at restaurants.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
I hated to exercise and I thought the fact that I walk up a lot of stairs at work was enough exercise!
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
Almost immediately after following the program and using Calorie Count. I saw even more results when I started going to the gym. When people didn’t know who I was and when I needed a whole new wardrobe…I knew I was on the right track!
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I make sure I attend my Weight Watchers meetings every week. I need that support system and I also enjoy being an inspiration and love the support I can offer to other members in the program. I also try to stick to the plan even if I am eating out an affair or restaurant.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
My life has changed in many ways. One area that I really like is helping other people when they ask for my advice on their weight loss journey.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
I made my goal weight two weeks ago!
10. What tips do you have for other dieters?
- Plan your meals.
- Take your meals with you when possible.
- Check the calorie content and nutrition on all labels.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, protein and dairy.
- Exercise regularly.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter