Men Weight Loss Success Story: Nathan’s 103 Pound Body Transformation
Nathan started his transformation because he was sick and tired of being fat. Learn how he lost more than 100 lbs over a 1 ½-year period: includes sample workout, meal plan, and more!
Name: Nathan Reinbold
Weight: 300 lbs
Body Fat: Over 30%
Weight: 197 lbs
Body Fat: 4.5%
My transformation took me about a year and a half to step on stage for my first bodybuilding contest. I placed third in my weight class.
Why I Got Started
I got started because I was sick and tired of being fat. My whole life I have been a big kid, never skinny. I wanted this so bad for myself and for my son who was not born at the time; I didn’t want him to grow up with a fat dad. So I decided to get in to shape instead of being a shape. I just wanted that self gratitude and accomplishment from being in a show.
How I Did It
I started in Feb. of ’06 my training and dieting began. I went to a local show in July of ’06 and that put some fire back in me. I decided to compete in a natural show in June of ’07. I was still dieting and going to the gym 5 days a week, cardio was 4 to 5 times at 30 min at the most.
I hired a nutritionist in Dec. of ’06 – I was at 239 lbs at 10% bf and that is when the fun began. I was eating 5 meals a day. My training was pretty intense all my training was heavy and intense.
* EAS Whey Protein
* Fish And Flax Oil
* Universal Liver Pills
A Sample Week Diet
* Meal 1: consisted of egg whites with 1/2 of grapefruit in the morning.
* Meal 2: 4 scoops of EAS protein, 1 apple, and 1 tablespoon of flax.
* Meal 3: 12 ounces of lean beef usually 90/10, 1 cup of green veggies.
* Meal 4: repeat meal 2.
* Meal 5: 12 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of green veggies or 1 cup 1/2 of salad.
Every third day I would carb up meals 1,3,5. I would go as follows:
* Meal 1: 3/4 cup of oatmeal along with 12 egg whites
* Meal 3: 12 ounces of chicken, 3/4 cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup of green veggies
* Meal 5: 12 ounces of white fish, 6 ounce sweet potato, and 1/2 cup of green veggies
That was pretty much up ’till contest.
Sample Week Of Training
-> Monday: Chest:
* Incline barbell: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
* Dumbbell incline press: 5 sets at 10 reps
* Some kind of isolation for 5 sets at 12 reps
-> Tuesday: Legs:
* Squat: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
* Dumbbell straight leg deadlifts: 5 sets at 10
* Supersets of leg extension and leg curls
-> Wednesday: Shoulders:
* Barbell press: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
* Dumbbell shoulder press: 5 sets at 10 reps
* Dumbbell laterals or cable lateral: 5 sets of 12 reps
-> Thursday: Back:
* Wide grip chins: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
* Deadlifts: 5 sets of 6 reps
* Dumbbell rows: 5 sets of 10 reps
* Finished off with pull downs 5 sets of 12 reps
-> Friday: Arms:
Barbell curls: 5 sets at 8-10 reps
Incline dumbbell curls: 5 sets at 10 reps
Finished with isolation move for 5 sets of 12 reps
Close grip or weighted dips: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
Dumbbell extension: 5 sets at 10 reps
Triceps press down
Suggestions For Others
My suggestion to others is don’t let negative people bring you down. I had some family members tell me I couldn’t do it… guess what I did? I may have not been the best up on stage but I was still up there giving it my all and did that in the gym as well – gave it my all every day.
Some words to live by and laugh about: be in shape, not a shape. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle and a way of life. I love it! Thank you for reading my story.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter