My pizza life
NAME : Charlotte
BEFORE WEIGHT : 17.5 stone
AFTER WEIGHT : 11.5stone
POUNDS LOST : 84lb
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
Since a young age I have always found comfort in food. Growing up I was always the big, funny girl who no one fancied. I learnt to live with it and eat what I want. I was a binge eater.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
I had no confidence whatsoever. I felt huge and that I wasn’t worthy for a boyfriend. I hated nights out because I always felt uncomfortable.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
A few people made nasty comments that I had put on weight. Also, a college trip to Tunisia. All my classmates were in bikinis on the beach, looking amazing. I lied and said I forgot my swimwear because I was too embarrassed and ashamed of my body. I wore leggings and a baggy top on the beach and in the sea.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
At first I tried to cut down on food. I was very uneducated with food and didn’t know how to cook, so it’s been a long process to get to where I am today. Then I discovered exercise and loved it! I was sooo scared to go in the gym I avoided it until I was 21! The feeling of leaving the gym high on endorphins was so addictive!
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
A month – 2 months but I suffer with body dysmorphia so struggle to see differences sometimes in the mirror so I would go by people comments and how my clothes are feeling!
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
The main one was cutting down on pizza and chips. As a teen, I would sneak takeaway pizzas into my bedroom. I loved food so much and constantly eat rubbish! Now I’ve realised you can’t eat it all the time but you can on a weekend. I have always believed in everything in moderation! Depriving yourself is only going to make you want it more!
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
I think because I’ve never deprived myself of fatty foods, I’ve learned to live like that and eat healthy 80% of the time. I’ve had times like holidays, birthdays Christmas and things were I have been bad with food but after a few days I like to feel myself and get back on the healthy food!
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
4-5years. I believe slow and steady wins the race! The hardest job is keeping it off! But I’ve learnt what’s best for me!
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
Not yet but started a degree so nearly finished my first year and climbing 3 mountains in June for charity!
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
Cheese on everything, full fat mayo on everything. Full fat Coke. Pizza, sandwiches with white bread. I was very uneducated! And would eat everything I wanted too.
Now I eat mostly chicken, eggs, fruit, veg and drink lots of water.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I would never exercise I was so scared too. I would get out of breathe going up the stairs. Now, depending on how much work I have for uni, as I work full time too, I try hit the gym 3 times a work. I enjoy running on the treadmill and weights!
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Drink lots of water!!! It helps hair grow, makes skin clear and gets rid of bloating!
- Exercise!!! Even if you go for a walk! Get your music on and release the endorphins!
- Don’t be afraid of the gym! Read as much as you can online or use a PT to make you a programme. I was so scared walking in the first time and can remember it clear as day. No one is watching or judging you, everyone is there for the same reason. To workout as quick as poss and get home!
- Try not to weigh yourself! I drink that much water I can put 7lbs on on a day! I go by my clothes. I do weight myself every month or so for an idea but don’t become obsessive!
- Eat chicken and eggs! Boiled eggs are so filling and great for a mid morning snack. My worst downfall is I’m always hungry so I need food that keeps me fuller for longer!My Instagram is charlotte_burrett
Republished by Blog Post Promoter