Weight Loss Success Stories: I Found A New Way of Life After Losing 206 Pounds
Armsofurangel is this week’s Success Story. She has lost an astounding 206 lbs by educating herself on nutrition and incorporating a daily exercise routine.
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time? Did you have an “Ah Ha!” moment?
The biggest thing for me that made me change my life was healing from within. Without becoming healthy emotionally I could not have become healthy physically. I did not weigh over 400lbs because I was healthy and happy.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
Everything! NutriSystem, Weight Watchers, Opti-Fast, medically supervised plans, diet pills and shakes.
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude?
I changed the way I look at food and nutrition. I incorporated a daily exercise program consisting of cardio 6 days a week and circuit training 3-4 times a week. I cut my carbs tremendously and stopped eating white flour products, such as bread. I log all of my foods, eat 6 small meals a day, take vitamins and eat a lot of protein and fiber. My most important change was to come to a realization that this journey is a “way of life” and not a quick fix to lose weight. I have accepted this as my NEW WAY OF LIFE!
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight?
It helped me to realize how all the calories add up.
5. What was most challenging about losing weight?
The constant temptation out there, and also the plateaus that occur when you have so much weight to lose. I have learned to just work through them and never give up!
6. How long did it take you to see results?
Since I started at over 400lbs it took me about 50 to 70 lbs to see noticeable results.
7. When did you realize that you were a success?
I see every small step as a small success. There is no failure involved when you are working hard and doing the best you can.
8. How do you prevent relapse?
I have learned to forgive myself for my mistakes and not to punish myself.
9. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I am active, I feel confident, I can fit into places and spaces I never could, and I can shop for normal size clothes. But most importantly I can look into the mirror and recognize the woman looking back at me and feel proud.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Work on your emotional health, learn about the why’s and the how’s that got you to where you are, and learn the tools to begin the healing.
- Educate yourself!! Learn about nutrition and which foods are important to lose weight and be healthy.
- Incorporate exercise into your life. It makes a huge difference! Take baby steps and believe that it gets easier with time.
- Have a support network and use it!
- Forgive yourself, love yourself, and be proud of your accomplishments!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter