My Motivation: The Military
What a difference losing 65 pounds can make, just look at Hazelcat08, who in addition to improving her health, also has more energy, confidence and her dream career with the Military. You can judge for yourself how great she looks by checking out her before and after shots.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
I wanted to join the Military and the reality of the situation was I was too heavy to join. I knew in order to make my life better not only health wise but financial wise I had to lose this weight. My life depended on it, in more ways than one.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
You name it I tried it! Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Weight Loss Pills, Weight Loss Shots, etc!
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I changed the way I thought about eating. I didn’t know how to eat! I had to teach myself all over again. I changed my breads to whole grain, dairy to fat free, drank only water, and cut down on my portions. I also looked up how many calories my body should be eating to lose weight. And I started running around my block.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
It helped me find out how many calories I needed to lose weight. The forms also helped me stay motivated. Knowing so many people had the same problems helped in so many ways.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
Staying on track and staying motivated. It was hard but I somehow realized it is hard to lose weight but it is even harder to be fat.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
It took me until I went to a “skinny store” and I tried on a pair of pants that I’ve always wanted and THEY FIT! To realize I was a success. I saw results after about 40lbs
7. How do you prevent relapse?
Because I started eating healthier the bad stuff tastes terrible to me. I remind myself that I don’t want to go back to where I was and I also make sure I keep running.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I’m so much more confident in every aspect of my life. Before, I was an outgoing person trapped in my body. Now I will talk to anybody and I will try anything. I am always amazed and what new things I can do now that I couldn’t do before, for example I ran my first 5k last December.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
I’ve maintained for about 5 months.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Whole Grains!
- Fat Free Dairy.
- Water water water!
- Exercise is key!
- Don’t get suckered in by gimmicks and unnatural ways to lose weight. The best way is a plan that will teach you how to eat right. If you don’t know how to eat right you’ll gain every bit back.