Nutrition per serving: 406 kcal, 14g Fats, 48g Carbs, 25g Protein
MEXICAN BEEF SKILLETCourse: Dinner
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 lb. (450g) ground beef, 5% fat
½ cup (125g) tomato passata
1 ⅓ cup (235g) canned black beans, drained
1 cup (195g) white rice, raw
1 ½ cups (355ml) beef stock
½ cup (55g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Taco seasoning:
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
½ tsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. red chili flakes
½ tsp. salt, or to taste
½ tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Move vegetables to one side and add in ground beef. Cook the beef for 8-9 minutes, or until cooked through and browned. Next, mix everything together in the skillet.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato passata, and black beans. Cook for a 2-3 minutes. Then, add in the rice and broth. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice has softened and absorbed the majority of the liquid.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of skillet and either let melt naturally or place it in the heated oven at 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories406
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 25g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.