Ewinemt has succeeded in her weight loss goal. She’s lost 115 pounds! She was at her heaviest of 252 pounds and is now in the 130’s. In her story she explains the importance of making the decision to get healthy and committing to that decision.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment? Going back to work after sons hip surgery, he wore a full body cast for 8 weeks. I thought if we survived that I could lose weight. My children have had a lot of medical hardships (lead poisoning, food allergies, heart condition, and hip dysplasia). Both my 11 year old and my 7 year old have had each of these conditions, and they had the most severe form of the condition.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past? I tried fat free everything, only eating dinner, jogging 3 miles a day and Weight Watchers.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change? I made a conscious decision that losing weight and keeping it off was going to be my priority. I weigh myself every other day to check my status, I’ve joined LA Fitness gym and I love their classes. I’ve found so many friends and new things to do that I don’t have anytime to be hungry. I have become happier, more confident and a better communicator in every aspect of my life.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss. I’m online all the time and this website is so easy that I can update it from my phone. Which means even if I go to dinner I can change what I’m going to have to eat and do for more exercise.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight? Adjusting to trauma with my family life. Life is a roller coaster. I needed to understand packing food and getting up at 500am to go running at the gym.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success? I saw results in maybe two weeks once I kept accurate records.
7. How do you prevent relapse? I log my food every day, also I always go to the gym at least once a day. I love that I can use Calorie Count from anywhere.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight? I breathe better, I’m less sick and even when I’m sick I can go workout mildly. I am happy with life and people want to be around me more.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight? I’ve maintained my current weight for about two months now. I want another 10 lbs but I’m thinking it might be too skinny. I’m a size 0 now; I was a size 18-20.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Make the decision.
- Commit to the decision.
- Modify your life to make the decision come through.
- Have the family and friends commit with you.
- Follow though because once you get hooked you won’t go back!