Weight Loss Success Stories: I Lost 44 Pounds And Started Loving Myself Again
After having children, N_riddick decided to lose her baby weight and found the motivation she needed with Calorie Count. She succeeded in losing 44 pounds in just six months and has become the healthy and fit mom she’s always wanted to be.
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time?
I’ve struggled with my weight over the past 5 years due to being pregnant and having children. I reached a final limit where I was just so tired of having to buy bigger and bigger clothing. I was the largest I’ve ever been and finally realized how unhappy I was with whom I saw in the mirror, not only that I also had high blood pressure causing problems for my body and lifestyle.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I tried everything: Weight Watchers, The Cabbage Soup Diet, Slimquick diet supplements, Hydroxycut. Nothing worked, and everything was discouraging. This all changed when I found Calorie Count.
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude?
I made a lifestyle change. I don’t consider this to be a diet, rather it be healthy living choices based around a healthy lifestyle plan.
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight?
I never realized how many calories I was consuming. When I finally started logging my foods and seeing just how much I consumed I was blown away. I nearly cut my calories in half.
5. What was most challenging about losing weight?
The most challenging was to remember to not “pick” at foods. I also had to make an effort to let go of my tremendous sweet tooth which was definitely not easy but well worth it.
6. How long did it take you to see results?
I began to see results within the first 2 weeks. Once I made a plan for myself and stuck to it, the weight nearly melted off. The main thing to remember is that diet and exercise go hand in hand; you can’t do one without the other and expect a significant change.
7. When did you realize that you were a success?
I realized I was success when I made my first goal weight of 130 lbs and passed it. I made a second goal weight of 125 and passed that too. I went on to make a third goal weight of 120 and passed that and now my goal is 115 or so. I’m not so much worried about losing weight anymore as I am wanting to feel good and be healthy and enjoy myself.
8. How do you prevent relapse?
I’m not going to lie and say that I haven’t had my moments of “cheating” on my diet. I think the number one thing to do is allow yourself small pleasures in food at least once a week. If you deprive yourself you are much more likely to binge eat or relapse altogether. Just because you are dieting doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your food.
9. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
Everything has changed. I have finally learned to love myself again. I don’t get teary eyed in disgust and disapointment anymore when I look in the mirror. I feel good, and my back and knee problems have significantly decreased since I’ve lost weight. I also have more energy and can keep up with my kids.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Make your lifestyle change and take it on full force.
- Never give up, sometimes it may feel like you aren’t making any progress, but everyone reaches plateaus; you just have to see what works for you to get past it.
- Don’t deprive yourself of treats and things you love.
- Wake up every day with a positive attitude. You can and will concur a weight loss struggle.
- Reward yourself, you deserve it.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter