Weight Loss Before and After: Jeanne Lost 63 Pounds With Calorie Count
Initially Jeannes58 joined Calorie Count to lose weight for a cruise. However, she discovered along her journey that there was more to Calorie Count then logging foods. In her story she emphasizes the importance of Community Support. She has successfully lost 63lbs and is proud to be a “cheer leader” for new members.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
I booked a European Cruise for September 2012 – I wanted to be able to pack a bathing suit!
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
Did not try any other diet programs; just reduced calories, no matter what the nutritional value was.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
The most important change was joining a gym. I had never been a physically active person. The only activity I participated in that remotely resembled exercise was walking. I am now a bona fide gym rat and go to the gym 3-4 times a week exercising on the treadmill at 4.2 mph and 15 incline for 40 minutes, and using the weight machines for 30 minutes 3 days a week. The fourth day I do an hour on that treadmill at 4.2 mph and 15 incline. During the spring/summer/fall months I also power walked every day for 40 minutes using hand weights.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
Calorie Count was instrumental at showing me how to eat in a nutritionally balanced way. I strive every day to achieve all green bars. The tools to do that on CC are invaluable. Also the support – I don’t know that I would have achieved goal without my supporters cheering me on through good days, uh-oh days and plateaus! Love my supporters!
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
There was a point probably 3 months in that I just wasn’t losing – no matter my deficits, which averaged 1300 a day. One of my supporters suggested I might be glucose intolerant and to try switching to the lower carb setting in nutrition. That made all the difference. I still didn’t lose at the rate indicated by my deficits, but it was significantly faster than it had been.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
After I lost probably 15-20 pounds, when my clothes started hanging off me and people started noticing that I seemed slimmer. It wasn’t until after I reached goal and I went clothes shopping with other CC supporters and bought size small clothes that I realized I was a success! In March, the largest part of my thighs were 32.5″ – now they are 21″ each. That is pretty darn close to 2 feet of thighs! I have also lost 9 inches total on my upper arms.
When I started this program in late January, my goal was not to be healthy – it was to lose weight for the cruise by cutting calories, regardless of nutrition. And to walk moderately on the treadmill through the winter until I could walk outside. Somewhere along the way, with the help of the tools provided by CC and my supporters, my goals morphed to want to be the healthiest version of myself that I could be. I never thought I would enjoy the gym. I thought only “other” people benefited from it. I never believed I would feel better if I exercised! Boy was I wrong! I found that I enjoyed pushing myself, I enjoy sweating, I enjoy doing what I could not have done a year ago.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I continue to log every day and to attempt hit all those green bars. I have continued my workouts that I love. Right now I am not going on my power walks in the morning, but mostly because it is too cold out. And I read reports of newbies to remind myself of how far I have come and do my best to pass on my knowledge to them.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I feel 20 years younger! I have more confidence! I can wear any style for the first time in my life! I dropped 32 points off my cholesterol levels and my triglycerides went from 204 to 97! My body fat percentage is now 23.3%! I feel absolutely phenomenal!
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
About 2.5 months now.
10. What tips do you have for other dieters?
- Take your measurements and keep track monthly. Even when the scales aren’t moving, I bet those measurements are! Also invest in some body fat percentage scales if you can.
- Watch your analysis page! Don’t just log empty calories, try to nail those green bars! Especially carbs, protein and fiber!
- Listen to any supporter with 25 or more weeks on the program. Their wisdom and knowledge is valuable.
- You can’t do this without an exercise program.
- Don’t use your age as an excuse. I am 54 years old and post menopausal. I was never ever an active person. You CAN do this with the right attitude and drive.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter