How One Woman Lost 52 lbs with a No-Diet Diet
Sophia Chalmers, 34, of New York City found her ideal weight!
The day after I delivered my son, Finn, last November, I weighed 187 pounds. I couldn’t believe I was that big! As a former competitive figure skater, I’d actually been too thin in the past: 5 feet 7 inches tall and 110 pounds. Once I got pregnant, I ballooned.
After I had Finn, I knew I had to lose weight, but I didn’t want to go back to being underweight, either. There had to be a happy middle place. I started pushing Finn in a stroller; we’d walk for hours. And because I can’t do diets—when
I try them, I’m always thinking about my next meal—I relied on three simple eating rules:
1. I ate only when I was hungry.
2. I ate only small meals.
3. I ate just until I wasn’t hungry anymore and didn’t get “ugh!” full.
Now, I weigh a healthy 135 pounds. And I love feeling light on my feet!
Before: 187 12
Now: 135 4
Total lost:52 8
Timeline to Slim
• 125 lbs-Mar 2008-Just learned I’m pregnant!
• 187 lbs-Nov 2008-A week after delivery. My vow: Fit into my slim jeans.
• 150 lbs-Apr 2009-150, finally! I’m on a roll.
• 140 lbs-Jun 2009-Tracy Anderson DVDs rock—I love the results!
• 135 lbs-Now-Total weight lost (since having Finn): 52 pounds
Her gift: Winter’s on the way. And because Sophia likes to walk outdoors even when it’s cold, UGG Australia is giving her a pair of UGG Nadaleen boots ($220). They’re designed to keep her feet warm and protect her from the elements, plus give her the support she needs for working out. Congrats, Sophia!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter