Men Weight Loss Success Story: Laurie Sheds 70 Pounds By Getting Hooked On Exercise
Lauriejpearcey achieved his weight loss primarily through exercise and incorporating healthy eating. His story shows the benefits of exercising while losing weight. At his heaviest, last year, he weighed 230lbs. He’s now maintaining his current weight of 160lbs
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
This was coming for sometime – the feeling of being repulsed every time I looked in the mirror. One day I went out and had junk food and felt simply sick afterwards. The next day I went and signed up at a boutique gym and I haven’t looked back since.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
None. I NEVER exercised at all my whole life and never gave a second thought to my diet.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
Going to visit a Personal Trainer two to three times a week coupled with good diet and increased amounts of exercise. I kept a food diary for the first six weeks or so and submitted it every week to my Personal Trainer. I almost eliminated carbs from my diet and focused on good protein and lots of vegetables. After getting into the habit of exercise, I started designing my own circuits (mostly cardio) based on some of the routines I was learning at the gym.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
At the beginning of the process Calorie Count was a really amazing tool for me to learn about food intake and nutrition. The food and exercise log kept my weight goals in perspective with my exercise routine.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
My job involves lots of functions, travel and corporate hospitality. I thought this would be the killer but I maintained strict discipline and stuck to the no carbohydrates, no beer rule and I was fine.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
I was seeing results on the scales almost immediately. Physically it must have taken about two months to see results. By the time Christmas came around and I was gearing up to go overseas I realized that none of my clothes could fit me any more and it struck me at last that I was a success.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I monitor my weight fairly regularly and I try and exercise for at least one hour five days every week. This mostly involves running and some weight training at the gym.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
My life has changed beyond belief. I run into people I have known for years at functions and they look me up and down and genuinely don’t recognise me. I am addicted to exercise and really enjoy eating well. I feel like a different person.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
I’ve maintained my current weight for approximately five months.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Get a good Personal Trainer and find a small fitness studio so you won’t become intimated by massive gyms.
- Set realistic goals and keep a food diary – be completely honest with yourself.
- Get outside and run – exercise is the best way to increase your productivity at work and your overall health and happiness.
- Resist the temptation to eat carbs.
- Have fun with your weight loss and fitness – never treat it is a burden – it is a source of unbelievable joy and it’s so rewarding.