Nutrition per serving: 338 kcal, 19g Fats, 23g Carbs, 18g Protein
GREEN SHAKSHUKACourse: Breakfast
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
2-4 handfuls spinach
a handful parsley
2-4 tbsp. almond milk
1 tbsp. harissa paste
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 cup (150g) green peas, frozen
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large frying pan, over medium heat, and sauté the onions and garlic for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Season with cumin and salt to taste, then cook for another 2 mins. Next, transfer the onion into a food processor along with the spinach, parsley, almond milk and harissa paste. Season with freshly ground black pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Using the same pan as earlier, heat the remaining oil and fry the pepper for about 5 minutes, until charred. Next, pour in the spinach sauce and add the peas. Cook for about 5 minutes until peas are defrosted.
- Make 4 pockets in the sauce and break an egg in each one. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cover with a lid to speed up the process.
- Serve seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories338
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 18g 36%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.