gained a lot of weight after her pregnancies but most of it is just a memory now, thanks to combination of calorie counting and exercise. She explains that tracking everything she eats with Calorie Count is the key to her success. She has lost 60 lbs and is well on her way to reach her goal weight.
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time? In the last four years I got married and had two children, landing 70 extra pounds on my body! I was sick and tired of my cute clothes being in plastic tubs and wanted to wear them again.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past? I have always been pudgy, but had never dieted. Previously, when I felt too big, I would just exercise and the weight would come off. But not this time!
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? I began counting calories and sticking to it, every single bite was accounted for! I also began walking, 2 miles a day at first, now between 4 and 7 miles a day. Wearing a pedometer daily and trying to hit 10,000 steps 6 days a week has been helpful as well. I also set mini-goals, I compete in monthly challenges in a Group on Calorie Count.
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight? I came across Calorie Count at work one day last spring and it has literally changed my life! I enter every bite I eat/drink and have not missed a day. It is my crucial motivator because I don’t want to be in the red.
5. What was most challenging about losing weight? Not snacking all the time. I am a stay at home mom (teach part-time), and it is so easy to just grab a snack whenever I want, even if I’m not hungry! Now I just drink water or have fruit when I want to snack.
6. How long did it take you to see results? About 15-20 lbs (took a month) and I dropped a pant size. I have been consistently dropping a size every 15 or so pounds. I went from a size 18/20 and I’m now at size 14 which are beginning to sag, yay!
7. When did you realize that you were a success? When my clothes that have been put away since I got married now fit! It was such an amazing feeling!
8. How do you prevent relapse? I still have 26 lbs to lose before my final goal weight. I don’t want to feel that gross ever again!
9. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight? I have so much more energy to play with my girls (2 and 9 months). I also feel beautiful again!!
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Set mini goals.
- Wait until you are ready to give it your all so you don’t give up.
- Eat whatever you want, just watch portion sizes.
- Buy a goal outfit and keep it visible in your room.
- Remember, there will be plateaus, don’t let them discourage you.