Feeling Amazing and Healthy
Common sense when it comes to eating and exercise are keeping Katiebry1031 on the path to losing weight, and she’s certainly succeeding. That’s not to say temptation to stray from her healthier eating habits doesn’t come her way, but keeping her goal in sight is helping her stay motivated. She has successfully lost 67lbs and nearing her goal weight
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time?
It was kind of awkward this time. I have tried to lose weight in the past, but never seemed “committed” to it. There was this program at work called Shape up the Nation, and when that started something “clicked” I new it was going to be different this time and there was no stopping me in what I wanted to achieve!
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I haven’t really tried other “diets” in the past. I always thought that if I went and exercised, then I wouldn’t have to eat right. Boy was I wrong. When everything started coming together…the pounds started to melt away. It really is amazing to see your body transform in front of your own eyes.
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude?
For starters I started going to the gym faithfully. I would wake up at 5:30 am and work out for a hour before I went to work. Sometimes I would work out twice in a day if I felt motivated enough. For my diet, what hasn’t changed? I no longer eat fast food or drink sodas. I have snacks in between my meals and eat more lean meats and vegetables.
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight?
I love Calorie Count recipes. It gives me a idea on what to eat than eating the same old things all the time. Of course, counting calories helped a lot too and I can’t forget about all the people on here doing the same thing you are doing. See, I don’t have a lot of support at home, so logging in here showed me that I can do it and others can too!
5. What was most challenging about losing weight?
The most challenging was and still is being at different types of events or parties. When everyone else is indulging in different types of desserts, and I’m by the vegetable platter. I’ve started to realize that this is the way I choose to eat and live my life, so I am trying not to let it bother me. I love exercise now, and wouldn’t give it up for anything in the world. If I don’t exercise, then I don’t feel myself. If I eat junk, then I feel like junk. It is true…you are what you eat!
6. How long did it take you to see results?
The first week I started I lost 5lbs. I didn’t really start noticing a big difference until I lost 20lbs which was about 2.5 months into my diet and exercise program. If you keep at it you will notice a change and it will motivate you to continue on.
7. When did you realize that you were a success?
Everyday I notice something new. The first time was when I didn’t have to shop in the plus size stores anymore. Everyday is a challenge, and I am certainly honored that I didn’t fall back and I won’t. This is the way I live now, and I have learned to accept that.
8. How do you prevent relapse?
I don’t deprive myself. If I want something on the side, I work harder at the gym. I take it one day at a time and tomorrow is always a new beginning. Never give up even if you have a bad day, week, or even a month. Always remember tomorrow is a new beginning, and the gym and healthy food aren’t going anywhere.
9. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
What hasn’t changed is the question. I can shop for clothes and I like it. The patients at work all want to know my “secrets”. People call me BEAUTIFUL! I can fit in my desk at school without feeling congested. I no longer have a “double chin” I feel absolutely amazing and healthy! It’s the best feeling in the entire world.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Never give up. You will get there, just give yourself time.
- Eat snacks such as a cup of fruit or a handful of almonds in
- Exercise! Even a little bit of exercise makes all the difference.
- Count calories. You never can be too sure on how much your eating
- Support. Never let people put you down -you are your own success!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter