Changing her eating habits was only one factor in Breezy87’s road to losing weight. She also incorporated daily exercise, and by keeping in motion regularly each day she has lost 90lbs and is nearing her goal weight.
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time?
When I hit my all time weight gain of 264lbs! I realized that no 22 year old should weigh that much at all! I just wanted to be able to go out and have a good time without feeling insecure!
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I have tried a couple of diets. One of them was Tony Ferguson Shakes which helped me lose 22lbs, but I gained an extra 44lbs as soon as I went off it.
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude?
The most important change was my exercise. I walk 3.2 miles everyday and attend gym twice a week. Before I was doing no exercise at all.
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight?
Calorie Count helped me keep track of my calories. Also, the support in this online community is unbelievable – this site has some amazing supportive people.
5. What was most challenging about losing weight?
Most challenging thing would have to be having to put up with people saying that I should stop losing weight because I looked good enough, even though I was nowhere even close to my goal weight.
6. How long did it take you to see results?
My endurance and fitness level improved immediately, but it is only now that I am getting so close to my goal weight that I am seeing appearance results as well!
7. When did you realize that you were a success?
I guess it was when so many people started telling me that I inspired them – that is the best thing to hear without a doubt. Also when my pop, who teased me most my life for being fat, told me he was proud of me!
8. How do you prevent relapse?
I am still kind of on my journey so I guess a relapse is not an option. Basically, I am so determined and focused right now that I don’t even think about a relapse.
9. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I feel pretty for the first time in my life! I am not afraid to meet new people and also I can buy clothes from the normal people’s section.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Don’t give up.
- Tell everyone about your weight loss goals – it will make you more
determined not to disappoint your supporters.
- Treat yourself every now and then but not with junk that will
just make you feel awful afterwards. Make it something half-healthy.
- Don’t go on any shakes or fad diets, the only way losing weight will work is if it is a lifestyle change.
- Walk if you are not comfortable to do anything else. Walking is
such a great activity that is so easy to do.