Nutrition per serving: 309 kcal, 5g Fats, 41g Carbs, 29g Protein
COD IN TOMATO SAUCECourse: Dinner
4 cod fillets (1lb./450g)
2 eggs, hard boiled
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 medium white onion, chopped
¼ tsp. smoked paprika
2 cups (500g) tomato passata
2 tsp. sugar
1 cup (160g) green peas, frozen
7 oz. (200g) roasted peppers, from the jar
- Rinse and pat dry the cod fillets. Then season with salt and coat in a thin layer of flour.
- Hard boil 2 eggs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat and fry the cod fillets for 1-2 minutes on each side. Then set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic and onion into the pan and mix them with the oil, scraping up anything that was left from the cod, and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Season everything with salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and a generous ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika. Mix everything together, then add the tomato passata, sugar, and green peas. Mix it all together until well combined and then lower the heat to low.
- After leaving the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes, add the fillets back into the pan and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, add in the roasted peppers. Check the seasoning, and garnish with fresh, chopped parsley and serve with a boiled egg.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories309
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 29g 58%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.