Nutrition per serving: 141 kcal, 7g Fats, 13g Carbs, 5g Protein
CHICKPEA & CORN BURGERSCourse: Lunch
14 oz. (400g) chickpeas, canned, drained
3 cloves garlic
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 lime, juice
¾ cup(130g) sweetcorn, canned, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 lime, zest
¼ cup (30g) ground almonds
2 tbsp. oat flour
2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, onion, spices and lime juice in a food processor, season with salt & pepper and blitz until smooth. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Add in the sweetcorn, bell pepper, lime zest, and flour and mix well.
- Roll the batter (an amount equal to 1/3 cup) into balls and shape into burgers. Place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 420F (210C).
- Heat a portion of the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, and fry the burgers, for about 3 minutes each side. Repeat until all burgers are cooked.
- Next place in the burgers on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Allow to slightly cool before serving.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories141
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Leave a Comment