How I Lost 60 Pounds: I Lost 66 Pounds And Am Buzzing with Energy
Stunat101 lost 30 kg (66lbs) over the course of a year by overhauling his eating habits and adding exercise. He’s now an active, healthy, energetic man who loves to exercise. His story is an inspiration to all of us and demonstrates how dramatically we can all improve our health, fitness and enjoyment of life with the right approach and the right attitude.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
I was having a social with a few friends and one friend who was huge, 2m tall (6’6″), hands like gorillas and a large belly, stood on the scales and weighed in at 130 kg (286lbs), I, at 1.72m (5’6″) stood on the scales and hit 120 kg (264 lbs)! It totally freaked me out that I was only 10 kg (22 lbs) less than this giant of a man.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I have never tried to diet before.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I cut out all the unnecessary stuff, snacks, junk food, butter, fat, cream etc. Started portion control, and took up tennis! But mainly pre-planned my eating strategy in advance.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I found calorie count and after two weeks I saw results which just motivated me so much that I really needed to continue. What I loved about Calorie Count was that it did not tell me what to eat, just to be accountable for the calorie intake.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
By the grace of God I had no real difficulties, I was single minded. This comes from a guy that was a true “foodie”. I would open my eyes in the morning thinking about what delights I would be making for lunch and supper!
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
Within 2 weeks, as soon as I saw the weight log graph drop down I never looked back!
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I monitor my weight daily and understand how my body processes the food I eat. Some days I seem to gain a kg (2.2lbs). But give it a day or two and it comes back to normal.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
Oh my…I stopped snoring, I had cracked heels, ingrown toe nails, high blood pressure, bad sleep pattern, no energy, low self esteem etc etc…I am now off blood pressure medication, my sex life is so much better, I am literally buzzing with energy, just looking for stuff to do!
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
4 months at the same weight
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Portion control; only cook enough food so there are no “leftovers”.
- Drink lots of water.
- Don’t eat if you are not hungry.
- Plan tomorrow’s food in advance.
- Remove temptations!