Katyfink was no stranger to trying to lose weight, but she had never been very successful until she discovered her own “inner” motivation and with the help of Calorie Count’s tools, she’s lost an amazing 95lbs. Her weight loss was accomplished with persistence, discipline, and adding exercise.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an
“Aha!” moment? My friends and I have done a “biggest loser” competition around November each year. We would all end up giving up and never sticking to our plans. This time I really motivated myself and did it once and for all.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past? I tried weight loss pills but they always made me feel sick. I would think not eating would help me lose weight but it never did and I would continue to eat all the time.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change? I made it a point to make it to the gym during any free time I had. I started out slow on the elliptical and would only walk at a fast pace on the treadmill. I now can run for miles on the treadmill and outside. I changed my entire diet. I substitute equal for sugar in my coffee, I also eliminated adding cream to my coffee at all. I NEVER eat fast food anymore. I love baking so that is my main weakness, but when I indulge in anything I bake I make sure I get right back on track. I read all labels and keep track of my calories, fat and sodium intake. I also drink alot of water.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss. I logged my weight from when I began dieting and once I started seeing results in my weight loss I was so much more motivated. I also look up food contents constantly which really helps me make mindful food decisions. I can also keep track of what my diet is lacking or surplusing in.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight? It was so difficult to stay on track, I’d be super tired some days but I would make it a point to get in the gym even if it was for 45 minutes. Eating healthy is very difficult since everyone around me eats whatever they want. I like to bring apples, microwave healthy soup, and salads with me for lunches so I am not tempted.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success? I started seeing results in the first couple weeks. I realized I was a success once my great grandmother didn’t even recognize me. I walked up to her after not seeing her for nearly 5 months and she thought I was a stranger. I had lost 50 pounds at that point.
7. How do you prevent relapse? I cheat now and then so I do not feel deprived of foods I enjoy. As long as you stick to exercising and eating healthy the majority of the time your weight can be maintained, at least it has for me.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight? I have a new love in my life since my weight loss. I get so much attention from the opposite sex. Men were only attracted to my personality before but now I have looks too! I have so much more energy, I am able to stay up later at night and make it through the day without feeling fatigued. I feel a whole lot better about myself. I can fit into so many more clothes and don’t feel depressed when I need to find something to wear.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight? I’ve been at this weight for approximately 3 months.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Realize that losing and maintaining weight loss is not easy, you have to be up for the challenge.
- Do not give up; your motivation will come once you start seeing results.
- Share your weight loss with a friend or family member so they can encourage you and help you if you are struggling.
- Research foods and exercises so you know what is good and bad for you.
- Read success stories about other people for motivation.