Weight Loss Before and After: Angela Lost 56 Pounds Through Pure Determination And Drive
• Former weight: 224 pounds
• Current weight: 168 pounds
• Pounds lost: 56
• Height: 5 feet, 10 inches
• How long she’s kept it off: One year
• Personal life: Reach has worked for SunTrust Bank for 28 years. She lives in Lilburn with her husband, Joey, and son Curry.
• Turning point: One morning in late 2005, after much frustration with her weight, Reach wrote herself a letter. “I hate myself and I hate this feeling,” she wrote. “I know I have to start my day and go in the closet and fight with the clothes, trying to find something to fit.” It was time to make a change, so she started trying to lose the weight herself. In June 2006, she joined Weight Watchers.
• Diet plan: Reach followed the Weight Watchers‘ core plan. Breakfast is usually eggs scrambled with Canadian bacon, onion and bell pepper. Lunch is a salad with grilled chicken or salmon and a piece of fruit. Dinner is pan-fried salmon with a little olive oil and spices along with brown rice and a salad.
• Exercise routine: She works out at least five times per week at her local YMCA. Twice a week she meets with a personal trainer for weight training. Other times she does cardio, spin classes, treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike. “It is a priority,” she says. “I schedule the time to make sure it doesn’t get left out of my day.”
• Biggest challenge: When she is bored, stressed, sad and even happy, she wants to eat, so snacks have been her biggest challenge. “The biggest thing I did was to take up knitting,” she says. “I found that this kept my hands busy in the evening, and I was less likely to put food in them if they were busy. I’ve made lots of scarves.”
• Munchie antidote: She reaches for fresh fruit, low-fat popcorn or Weight Watchers‘ one-point bars.
• Secret to success: “I was driven,” she says. “I didn’t want to miss out doing things with my family — I wanted to live. My husband and my son have been my fan club and have given me so much support and encouragement.” Although she’s reached her goal, she continues to attend weekly Weight Watchers‘ meeting for continued support and accountability. “My leader and the staff have played a vital role in this weight loss, life gain journey,” she says.
• How life has changed: “I am smaller than I have ever been, but most importantly I have my life back,” she says. “Shopping for clothes is no longer a dreaded task. I am involved with my family and doing things with them. I am healthy not only with my body but my mind. It is a whole new attitude. I like myself very much.”
Republished by Blog Post Promoter