Weight Loss Success Story: Ahlumba Lost 65 Pounds And Found Her True Self
SIDE EFFECTS: When I was heavier, I became a mean person.
I was mean.
I was hurting on the inside because of my weight.
Now, I know that I am beautiful, not only on the outside, but on the inside.
Because on my journey I found that a person is more than what they look like.
I got tired of hearing myself talk and not being able to fit into clothes, I didn’t feel attractive that I said something had to give.
I constantly complained. I was like, I’m not used to being fat. I can’t stand all this weight. And I never did anything to change it.
You know, I just continually did the same thing over and over and over again. Eat and sit down on the couch, plop, watch television.
THE TURNING POINT: I was not active at all. I would go to work, come back home, and watch television.
THE PLAN: I went from a size 18 to a 4 working out and counting my calories.
HEALTHY SWAPS: I started counting calories because basically, I didn’t want to waste them. When I wanted to snack on something, I would snack, but I would take something else out of my diet later on that day. I don’t drink sodas. I don’t eat chips. I eat breakfast every day.
THE BEST REWARDS: I love to wear dresses … I love heels. My favorite accessory is belts. Now I just like to have some sort of shape because it was not existent for five years of my life, and now, I just love to feel pretty.
KEYS TO MY SUCCESS: Working out. Eating breakfast every day. Counting calories using the online tool SparkPeople.com.
- What was your top weight? 195
- How many pounds have you lost? 65
- How long did it take you? April 2006 to 2010
- What was your largest clothing size and what size do you wear now? Before: 18. Now: 4.
- Do you still have one or two of your largest clothing items? Unfortunately not. It would have been nice to look at where I never intend to go back.
- What do you do for a living? I’m a research technician with the City of Atlanta Office of Transportation.
- What is your age? 30
- Do you have a website or blog? www.inspired2prosper.com.
- What are your hobbies? Going to the movies, reading anything inspirational that provides hope.
- Are there any fitness devices that were important to your journey? My trusty mp3 player and the Nike’s.
- Do you have any favorite exercise DVDs? I don’t
- Where do you work out? YMCA on Pryor Road in Atlanta, Stone Mountain.
- Are there any songs you like to listen to when you work out? Nothing particular
- Are there any songs that inspired you in general? No
- Are there any famous quotes that inspired you? “The soul of the lazy wants everything and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made prosperous.” Proverbs 13:4
- What books helped you on your journey? Jillian Michaels’ “Making The Cut.” I actually lost my last five pounds with it.
- Did you participate in any weight loss groups? No
- Has your weight loss been featured in any newspapers, magazines, books or television shows? The Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Do you have a favorite food items that keeps you on course? Any green vegetable
- Is there any food item that you eat now that you didn’t eat before your weight loss? I really enjoy the dark green leaf from the cabbage, fresh okra and I eat bran cereal every morning.
- Do you have any essential kitchen item that you can’t live without? measuring cup
Republished by Blog Post Promoter