Weight Loss Success Stories: Regina Lost 83 Pounds And Found A Fresh Beginning!
NAME : Regina
BEFORE WEIGHT : 212
AFTER WEIGHT : 129
POUNDS LOST : 83
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
I was always a “chubby” child and remember needing to buy “pretty plus” sizing.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
It has always been an influence in my life. I’ve always lacked self confidence and feel that my weight has been an insurmountable obstacle in my life.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
I’ve been a yo-yo dieter since I was a teen. My final turning point was the motivation and support of my wonderful cousin who suggested we enter the journey together. I was so excited about this because it’s so much more fun losing weight with a friend! Another motivating factor was that I wasn’t getting any younger!!
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
After a last feast at a local amusement park with my daughters’, I re-joined Weight Watcher’s.
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
I had been eating so unhealthy and did so little exercise that I was feeling better the first week! It was great to not only be feeling better, but to see that first victory on the scale a week later!
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
I had to revamp everything. This wasn’t my first time, but I was determined to make it my last! I’ve never enjoyed exercise and had to begin weighing and measuring EVERYTHING; I was not going to mess this up!
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
I began the week before we went on vacation. Not a goood time, but is there ever a good time?? I figured that if I could get through that week, I had no excuses. I was determined.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
As I got close to goal/Lifetime, my weight loss began to plateau and all I did was change things up. Since this wasn’t my first time, I knew what I had to do; keep my body guessing what was coming next!!
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
It took my approximately 10 months.
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
All along the way!! I was able to fit into clothes from 15 years ago when I originally reached Lifetime! I was able to get into a pair of jeans that I wore at my 16th birthday party (yes, I’ve held onto them for 30 years!)! I’ve been able to raid my teenage daughter’s closets too!!
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
Oh my gosh!! My husband says I never sit still! I’m really on the move constantly! Love, love, love my FitBit HR!! Best invention ever; it allows me to set a goal and be accountable!
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Set up a reward system for yourself along the way-don’t wait for the end goal (i.e., 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 15 lbs, etc.)!
- Wear a FitBit and join a StepBet! The possibility that you could lose money, really keeps you moving toward your goal!
- Take Plenty of photos along the way and measure yourself! You may not see the number moving as fast as you might like on the scale, but you will see other changes along the way!
- Make yourself a priority, schedule in exercise!
- Meal prep!!! Plan those meals in advance! I usually eat the same breakfast and lunch for a week at a time and will plug it all into my Weight Watcher’s app on a Sunday for the week ahead. If I’m going out to eat I will look the menu up online and decide what I’m going to order before I get there! Planning is KEY!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter