82 Pounds Lost: April’s Journey
NAME : April
BEFORE WEIGHT : 210
AFTER WEIGHT : 128
POUNDS LOST : 82
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
After I had my 5th child!! I couldn’t bounce back!
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
Absolutely no energy. I felt sluggish, unworthy, ugly. I couldn’t do things with my kids. I never wanted to dress up!
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
My dr diagnosed me with obesity at just 31 years old! That’s when I knew it was time to change.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
I cut out all the crap cold turkey. Dropped to a 1200 cal/day diet and a gallon of water daily. I began by power walking, until I could jog, then I ran in races. I started an Instagram acct ( @aprils_journey_) and started following fitspo pages to keep me going!
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
About 2 weeks, they were small changes! So motivating!
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
Injuries. I sprained my ankles and wrists trying to work out. I never realized just how big I really was.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
Oh yes!! I did too. I went into a potty party and finally said enough is enough. Time is passing me by, its time to quit the excuses while I’m still young and move it! Once I saw my back rolls easing up, there was no stopping me! The questions at work, “April, are u losing weight?” “your looking good!” “keep going!” that’s what held me create this addiction!
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
Yes! I had to skake things up! I did different workouts, changed up my diet, you have to change the system.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
7 months! At 6x a week and sometimes twice a day, the weight fell off!
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
Plenty!! I began putting on muscle and I would get frustrated with the scale, but my clothes were falling off!!
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
Before, I was always eating fast food, chips, soda, just pure junk. Now I eat a lot of grilled chicken, salads, I drink Shakeology, I drink water only and sometimes with lemon. I don’t treat my body like a garbage can anymore, but I feed my body fuel to make me happy for tomorrow!
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
My physical activity before was non-existent. My excuse was I’m too big, I can’t do anything, I’m tired, I don’t want to. Today if I don’t work out, I feel like I forgot something, like you feel naked if you forget your wedding ring, it’s the same principle. I have to sweat at least once a day or my day is not complete. Today I’m able to run long distance and feel great. I do Insanity and feel great. I have muscles and I feel great!
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Number one is consistency! Always remember that consistency is key. It doesn’t matter how long it takes you to get there, if you take this journey one day at a time, one workout at a time it’s inevitable you will get there!
- Your body is not a garbage can! Remember to feel your body with foods that are going to give you energy not foods that are going to make you sluggish!
- Believe in yourself even when nobody else does because at the end of the day it’s you versus you and no one else is going to care whether you make it or not except for you!
- Love yourself no matter where you are in the journey you only get one body, take care of it!
- Don’t worry about the past were no longer there. We have to stop looking back we’re not going in that direction but we’re moving forward and that’s where the prize is!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter