I’ve been over weight all my life. It’s all I know.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE? It affected every single aspect. The first thing someone saw was my weight and I was aware of this so I hid a lot of me from them.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY? I was completely depleted of my energy. Tired of the way I was allowing life to treat me. I knew this could not be what life only had to offer me and i finally realized no body could change my life but me.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED? I watched someone change their lifestyle and witnessed them on they’re own weight loss journey. I trusted the process and changed the way I ate. Taught myself the right way to eat and i began getting active via the gym
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS? The first week
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART? The stares the looks I would get while working out. Find time to workout. I’m a single mother of twins so it was tuff but I knew I had the time for it I just had to find it.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING? Yes I still do and to be completely honest with u I believe God does. God and my kids.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM? Yes I did and I just kept going. I completely trust the process sometimes the scale didn’t move but the inches did. NSV
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT? It took me a year
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES? Yes many. When starting I couldn’t run for 2 mins straight and now I run 5 miles for fun.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER? Night and day. I never took into consideration what I was putting into my mouth before. I just ate. I eat a high protein diet and make carbs work in my favor.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER? EXTREMLY different. I use to watch a lot of tv and picking up the remot was my daily exercise. I barely watch tv now a days
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Set weekly goals and take them one day at a time. Sometimes when we look at the bigger picture we tend to get intimidated. It’s always one day at a time.
- What you do all the time will always trump what you do once and a while. Tomorrow is always another day.
- Just because someone else is doing it and you tried it and failed at it doesn’t make you a failure this just means that you are your own being and not a duplicate. Take advice but build a regiment and a meal plan around the things that YOU like.
- Surround yourself with things that make you feel good about yourself. Your mental health is the most important aspect in conqoring a fitness goal
- God is with you every step of the way. So you will never be alone.