I battled a weight problem my entire life. I had lost weight several times, but it always came back.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE? Socially, emotionally and had very little confidence.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY? I am now a mother of two, and health was very important for me to live a long life and be able to show my kids how important it is to take care of yourself and love yourself.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED? My sister was my motivation. I watched her lose 100 pounds and it motivated me to my core. I knew of she could do it, so could I. I got on a program called Medifast, which provides meal replacements with a meal you make everyday. It taught me how important size proportions are and to always be balanced.
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS? I started seeing results the first week! I did take a couple months off to handle some personal family things but was right back on where I left off. It took me around a year to year or more to lose all my weight.
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART? Drinking water was huge! It’s so important to stay hydrated during the day! It was first hard to start a workout routine, but once you start you get into the groove and enjoy going.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING? There were times I felt defeated and wanted to give up, but I knew in my heart how bad I wanted to reach my goal for myself and my kids so that was my motivation everyday. I had to ask myself everyday, is it worth it?! Of course! Best decision of my life
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM? Once I started getting closer to my goal I did hit a plateau. I just had to push a little harder and switch some things up in my routine to overcome that obstacle.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT? Around a year to 15 mo
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES? Everyday life is just easier for me. Simply going up stairs or carrying my kids around!
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER? I try and eat 5 small meals a day. Protein is key! Always have balanced meals and remember to incorporate your veggies. Water water water is super important! I watch my sugar and carb intake as well. I try and keep in mind how many calories I am intaking a day.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER? Everything is different. Before I couldn’t even go upstairs without being out of breath. Now I am able to do things without any restrictions.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure to always keep your goal in mind. Whenever you have that desire to go off track, you got to ask yourself, is it worth it? No!
- Make sure to eat every couple of hours. This is important for your body and will help you get into a fat burning mode.
- Make sure to switch up your workout routine. Make sure to get in cardio and strength training.
- Do your research. Scout out restaurants with healthy options and pack healthy snacks when you are out and about. This will save you in the long run.
- Cleanout your pantry and fridge of junk food and unhealthy options. You don’t need them and it will make it easier without having unnecessary temptation around.