Weight Loss Success Stories: Kristina Is The Person She Was Always Meant To Be After Losing 106 Pounds
NAME : Kristina
BEFORE WEIGHT : 215
AFTER WEIGHT : 109
POUNDS LOST : 106
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
After suffering health problems as child due to Hydrocephalus and seizures, the medication I was put on during adolescence affected my metabolism and left me lethargic and caused me to pack on the pounds along with unhealthy food choices.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
It affected my self-esteem and confidence and I didn’t like to try or experience new things afraid of the unknown.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
When I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize the person staring back at me because the outside didn’t match how I felt inside. On the outside felt like I was wearing a fat suit, inside there was a vixen waiting to get out. Another factor was the number on the scale, I just had enough and decided then and there I was going to lose 100lbs and never looked back.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
I cut out sweets, sodas and all my favorite unhealthy foods. I went low-carb, high protein and began exercising 3-4 times a week and working with a trainer once a week.
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
Probably about two weeks after there’s always that intial weight loss, but it motivated me even more to keep going and pushing towards my goal.
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
I had to deal with some sprains and strains from overtraining and lack of support from family members who could see or support my desire to change.However once I set my mind to something I make it happen.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
There are times when it was hard and I had moments of weakness but during those moments, I thought about my goals, and all the people I admired who inspired me and always visualized myself looking the way I always wanted right down to my goal outfit. I am also not a quitter and believe ” If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
I hit plateaus but I changed up and tweaked my diet and hit the gym harder and varied up my workouts to keep my body working and guessing.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
Running a mile in under ten minutes and completing a 5k.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I eat clean lots of lean meats, veggies and complex carbs.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I am gym rat, I can’t imagine ever not exercising and miss it on the days I can’t.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Experiment and see what works for you, there are a lot of different diets and plans out there and you just have to go with your gut and try and see what’s best for you.
- Believe, I believe you can do anything you set your mind to and you have to visualize and believe that it will happen. You have to picture the end result whatever that may be.
- You have to find your Why, the reason you want to lose weight and make it matter and never lose sight of your goal.
- Mindset, I believe changing your mind is the first step in weight loss, it has to be the right time. You have to be ready, willing and wanting to change. If you don’t believe you can do it, it will make the struggle that much harder.
- Set Goals. One thing that has always helped keep me going during plateaus or other hardships is always setting new goals and finding new reasons to keep going and getting the best body possible for me.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter