Do what works for you… the rest will come
NAME : Ashlee
BEFORE WEIGHT : 275.4
AFTER WEIGHT : 159.6
POUNDS LOST : 115.8
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
I have always been overweight from when I was little.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
I was self conscious of certain things about myself that, as a result, I would turn to humor. I would try to make people laugh at that jokes I told before they had a chance to notice my weight.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
I was tired of feeling upset about myself and how I was living.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
I joined Weight Watchers and started going to the gym in January 2015. I started very slow because I knew that would work for me. I did the same machine every time I went to the gym for about four months. Eventually, it got easier and I started running. I would only be able to run half the length of my street… now I am running half marathons. I am going to do a full marathon in October!
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
I was able to see physical changes within the first 5/10 pounds. At this point, I have gone down 10 clothing sizes. I have also seen many changes other than physical. I have changed my eating habits… I don’t go to a fast food restaurant in the middle of the day for a “snack.” I am doing running events.
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
Changing the way I ate- eating at home and preparing my own meals.
Sticking to an exercise goal- I started working out six days a week and made sure I kept it up.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
I did/have wanted to stop. It is so much easier to go to a drive thru or to have any food that I’m craving.
I am able to stay motivated by realizing that it is a lifestyle change. I can still have the food that I like and enjoy holidays, birthdays, etc. without having to feel guilty. Whether I exercise that day or eat a smaller meal before, I am still going to enjoy the event.
Also, I feel completely different mentally. I have learned a great deal about myself. I was able to see all that I am capable of. I am choosing to do things that I never would have thought to even try.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
I just got out of a 4 month plateau. It can be very discouraging, but I changed/added some food that my body wasn’t used to eating. I also was running a lot, so I had to take into account all of the extra energy I needed.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
I started a year and three months ago. I lost most of it within a year.
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
All of the time… different clothing sizes, choosing different foods to eat that I wouldn’t have before, and running half marathons/eventually a full marathon.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
Before it was mostly fast food and I wasn’t a fan of vegetables. Now I am eating at home and having vegetables with practically every meal.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
Before I didn’t work out. Now I am running half marathons, a full in October.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Do what your body is capable of. Don’t feel like you have to run a mile your first time running. Go for as long as you can… then the next time try for a little bit more. It will help you to stay motivated once you are able to see it getting easier for yourself, rather than not being able to run a mile your first time trying.
- Measure your food to help you with portions.
- Know that you won’t always see results every time you step on the scale. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for your body to “catch up.”
- Find a sport, machine, exercise class, etc that you enjoy, so you won’t get bored.
- Don’t deprive yourself. It will be that much harder once you do decide to eat what you were craving. If you want the food, have the serving size, work out that day, etc. Do what you need to do, so you won’t feel guilty about eating it. So if you are choosing to have it, you enjoy it.
Originally posted 2017-02-15 19:30:45. Republished by Blog Post Promoter