Small Changes to Lose 87 Pounds
If you ever wondered what a difference losing 87 pounds can make, just look at Shajea28, who in addition to improving her health now also has more energy and confidence, and higher self-esteem. You can judge for yourself how great she looks by checking out her before and after shots.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
My weight loss journey was prompted by the realization of how unhealthy I was. Following a fasting lipid profile, I realized that my dyslipidemia was only one of several risk factors for the development of cerebrovascular and cardiovascular disease.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I have tried several exercise regimes previously, with each one lasting for a shorter and shorter duration and the results were not forthcoming.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
Achieving my current weight resulted from an overall transformation mentally and physically. I changed my attitude towards exercise, weight loss and dieting. I reviewed online resources and utilized Calorie Count’s tools. I also educated myself on how to read nutritional labels.
Overall through cutting calories and gradually increasing my exercise to include cardiovascular training and weight training, I was able to transform my body to a catabolic state.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
Calorie Count was used as my food browser to record daily caloric intake in my food journal and exercise journal. The Success Stories also provided a tremendous source of inspiration.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
Initially my weight loss was extremely slow; however, I continued to persevere and then gradually started seeing the results. Additionally, I relocated to a new country two years ago and I regained 20 of the previously lost pounds. However, I am now back on track to achieving my goal.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
It took approximately 3-4 months to see any noticeable results. I realized I was a success after reaching my weight of 170 pounds.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I am constantly looking back at how far I have journeyed. Also, looking at old pictures of myself serve as tremendous inspiration and is keeping me focused on my goals.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
My life has changed tremendously; I am more confident, outgoing and now I am able to serve as a source of inspiration to so many.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
This is 2 years now since I’ve lost the weight and kept it off.
10. What tips do you have for other dieters?
- Keep perseverance with your dieting and fitness regimes.
- Avoid yo-yo dieting.
- Use Calorie Count to log your food and exercise.
- Remember there is no quick solution, but rather aim for gradual weight loss over a specified period and always set realistic goals!
Originally posted 2014-10-01 11:00:09. Republished by Blog Post Promoter