My Complete Lifestyle Change
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Those are very happy words to expectant Moms. However, for Jrlaronde those words brought her to tears. Realizing that she had to lose weight, she completely changed her lifestyle. She quit smoking, started to eat right and along with a strict workout routine lost 45lbs.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
Well to put it very simply, I got fed up with being asked when my baby was due. It was almost a weekly occurrence, and inevitably always brought me to tears. Eventually I just started saying that I wasn’t pregnant and that I was just getting fat.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I have never tried any other diets, although I did look into U-Weight Loss once, but when I was told it would cost me $1000+, it just seemed to me that I could put that money into myself in some other, better way. I tried going to a gym before on my own, and saw no changes at all.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
For me it was a complete lifestyle change. I stopped smoking, started eating right, and exercised…a lot. The way I see it, they all mesh together. I hired a personal trainer to help me get started at the gym, so I would see results this time, and did a workout video in my living room on my non gym days. I learned that I could push myself harder than I thought, feel like I was going to throw up, and that a heart beating right out of my chest wasn’t going to kill me, but make me stronger.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
Calorie Count was extremely instrumental. It kept me accountable for everything I put in my mouth, and how many calories I was burning. It made me feel really good to see a deficit in calories! It also helped me balance my calories throughout the day. I learned that metabolism is like a fire, you have to keep it stoked to keep it burning!
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
To be honest, once I made up my mind about what I wanted out of my life, it became easy. It fell into place, which I was not expecting at all. I just kept doing what I knew I had to do, and the weight loss was consistent, 1-2 pounds a week. I think a big part of it was getting my metabolism to work the way it should.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
Within a month I could see changes on the scale, then my pants didn’t fit, again and again. When I realized I had lost my dog in weight, (20 lb wiener dog) that put something physical in front of me other than the scale, and made me feel very proud of how much I had accomplished.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I feel that it is a fine line between keeping what I have now, and falling back to where I was. What it comes down to, is keeping mindful of what I eat, especially portions! Also, the need to continue to exercise. I fell in love with running, which was a huge surprise. It’s great though because it is my stress reliever, and keeps my metabolism revved up.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I love shopping now for one. Clothes actually fit comfortably! The biggest thing though is that I carry myself with much more confidence, and haven’t heard any questions about when my baby is due!
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
It has been about 3 or 4 months.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Don’t diet!
- Live a well balanced life.
- Don’t completely deprive yourself.
- Know you can do absolutely anything!
- Finally, LOVE YOURSELF!
Originally posted 2014-10-19 11:00:05. Republished by Blog Post Promoter