Weight Loss Stories
Melissa Hunt, 26, of Athens sheds 53 pounds
Former weight: 190 pounds
• Current weight: 137 pounds
Pounds lost: 53 pounds
• Height: 5 feet 4 inches
• How long she’s kept it off: “I started with Weight Watchers on April 14, 2008,” says Hunt, who reached her goal in September; she’s kept it off for six months.
• Personal life: “I have a wonderful husband named Philip [who] is currently training for deployment with the Army,” says Hunt. “I work at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine as a registered veterinary technician.” She also works part-time as a tax preparer at H&R Block, “which is quite fun this year since my regular clients haven’t seen me since I lost weight.” She and her husband live inAthens.
• Turning point: “My husband proposed Feb. 15, 2008, and I wanted to lose a little weight for the [August] wedding,” she says. “Also, I really needed to lose weight for my health. I did not like having high blood pressure at my age, and my joints ached.”
• Diet plan: Breakfast is coffee with a granola bar. For lunch, she has a frozen meal with fruit or yogurt. She reaches for fruit or granola in the afternoon. Dinner is lean meat with vegetables and potatoes or brown rice; she has dessert every day before bed.
• Exercise routine: “I try to get one hour of cardio a day and one hour of weights three days per week,” she says. “I am trying to add in Pilates for some stretching and core work.”
• Biggest challenge: “My biggest challenge was finding things my husband and I both liked and were healthy,” she says. “He is a tall guy that never gains. I try to make regular comfort foods and use leaner, less fattening ingredients with smaller portions for me.”
• How life has changed: “Shopping is finally fun,” she says. “I can buy clothes and look trendy — they don’t make a lot of trendy clothes for young people in plus sizes.”
Originally posted 2012-03-26 08:01:40. Republished by Blog Post Promoter