Lisa Maddox, 44, of Commerce, drops 44 pounds
• Former weight: 206 pounds
• Current weight: 162 pounds
• Pounds lost: 44
• Height: 5 feet 8 inches
• How long she’s kept it off: Maddox started in June 2007 and met her goal in January 2008. She’s kept it off for 10 months.
• Personal life: “I live in Commerce, Ga., and am married with three children, ages 21, 16 and 13. I am assistant principal at Commerce Middle School and have been in education for 22 years.
• Turning point: “My family took a camping trip to Stone Mountain. When we decided to walk up the mountain, I thought I wouldn’t make it,” says Maddox. “I knew I was heavier than I’ve ever been, but I didn’t know how completely out of shape I was. I was on blood pressure medication and was obviously not very healthy. I knew that I had to do something to get my weight and my health under control.”
• Diet plan: “I have been on the Weight Watchers’ flex plan,” she says. On a typical day, she has two slices of turkey bacon with egg substitute and toast with a half cup of milk for breakfast, a frozen entrée for lunch and for dinner, a salad with grilled chicken and fat-free dressing or a grilled chicken breast with green beans and brown rice.
• Exercise routine: “I try to walk about one hour at least five days a week,” she says.
• Biggest challenge: “My biggest challenge is finding the hour in the day to walk,” she says. “I have to be at school by 6:30 a.m. to greet the children who ride a bus. I’m usually there till 4:30 p.m. and most days I attend a school function, softball or football games, as an administrator or as a parent. By the time we get home, I try to have a healthy dinner and get everything ready for the next day — it is just difficult to find the hour to get in the walking.”
• How life has changed: “The biggest change I’ve noticed from my journey is how I feel,” she says. “I feel so much better now. I have energy to do the things I want to do and I just feel good about myself.”
Originally posted 2012-03-27 07:42:38. Republished by Blog Post Promoter