Weight Loss Stories
Heres my key points to follow.
1. Youre on a diet, losing weight, deal with occasional hunger realizing once you hit your goal you can eat a bit more. Plus over time the intense hunger subsides and occurs less often. When hungry have a tic-tac if its not time for a meal.
2. Don’t let there be an excuse to eat the wrong thing when its not cheat time. There will always be excuses (a party, a holiday etc)
3. Eat protein for breakfast- this is supposed to boost your metabolism. ******************
4. Restrict Carbs most days- I rarely eat white bread, white rice, corn chips, potato chips, pasta or white potatos.
5. After you’ve had your portion and you still want more, eat a tic-tac. Its hard to eat a mint and think of eating something else at the same time. This for me is an awesome way to not over eat.
6. Dont eat after 6 p.pm. Except for tic-tacs 🙂 (or a small fruit portion) *********************************
7. Drink only water or tea, I drink alot of water and green tea. I rarely ever drink soda and soft drinks. Thats just my preference though I highly suggest it for all. My favorite is Arizona Diet Green Tea.
8. Once or twice a week DONT exercise and DO indulge. I like to treat myself with 2 lemon cupcakes or mounds ice cream bars. This tricks the body into thinking its not starving and seems to help the weight come off faster.
9. Have accountability.
I just started Barbaras facebook accountability diet. Basically I post my weight every day and exactly what I ate that day. This helps me NOT eat somethng bad because I know I’ll have to post it and people are counting on me to be successful.
How turning my weight problem over to God resulted in healthy changes and massive weight loss.
I wanted to share my before and after picture and my story of how I lost the weight and am still losing it!
In 2011 I was quite a bit over 300 pounds. I’d estimate 310-325 pounds. I’m a pro at losing weight its the gaining back part I was also a pro at! (because I used to diet) Today I’m 249.2 and well on my way to a fit 175. How did I do it? First of all with Gods help. I turned it over to Him and He sent people across my path to teach me how not to diet but how to eat healthy and exercise. I eat mostly fresh foods, fish, nuts, chicken, vegetables, fruit. I cut out most white breads, white rice, pasta, and white potatos daily but may occasionally have them as a treat on cheat days.I cut out most processed foods. I exercise 20 to 30 minutes usually a bike ride 5 times a week on average or walking on the beach. I love metal detecting. Though with Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia I can’t really do too much though I’m living in Faith that that will someday change.
This has been working for me and I can’t wait to see how I look at the end of 2013!
I’m a single mom and am so grateful to God for teaching me how to eat, how to exercise, and how to get heathier for my son and myself! I’ve overcome a 10 year pain medication addiction, smoking, and now obesity! The only bad part of this much weight loss is the loose skin which I’ll likely never be able to afford to remove. Yay for clothes hiding it! 🙂
Barbara Galambos in Florida.