Alerted to the health dangers of being overweight, Mel777 changed her lifestyle and her eating habits. Now she’s 116 pounds lighter, and feeling so healthy now without any physical limitations. Read on for her weight loss tips, all taken from her own experiences.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
My health prompted me to begin this weight loss journey. I was on two inhalers, stomach medicine and a host of others. I also was tired of not being able to do the active things I wanted.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I tried Weight Watchers, counted calories and a half dozen others programs. I did well for awhile but I never lasted.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I started by finding a diet that I thought I could tweak enough to use it long term. I learned to prepare and plan foods. Sundays have been making soup, fixing meats, and doing serving size packs of veggies, fruits and grains. I had an “Aha!” moment when I realized that this new healthy eating style is for life. Once I hit a goal I would continue to eat the same foods just a little more until I was at a stable weight.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I found many other people who were dealing with same challenges at any given time. I could give support, as long as I receive it. I really like the new ideas and links provided by Calorie Count. Also, everyone doing different things to get to their goal and people I can relate to.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
The most difficulties I has was eating out and eating on the go. I pack much of the food I will want, so I can always make good choices. Cravings are under control for the first time in my life.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
I saw results after 11 months or so. I knew I was a success when I could face Thanksgiving and make good choices. I was extremely happy!
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I continue to monitor my foods and keep them healthy. When I do have my trigger foods like chocolate I plan it, down it, and enjoy every minute. Then it’s back to my plan.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I feel so healthy; I love to play on the floor with my grand kids. I was very limited in my physical life because I was so heavy. I love that I have no physical limits now.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
I’m just getting started in maintaining my weight. However, I know one year from now I will still be at this weight.
10. What tips do you have for other dieters?
- Make the decision that you want to be healthy.
- Eat to live, not live to eat.
- Plan your food, what, when and how much.
- Find someone who you can get support from and give support to.
- Use Calorie Count.