Male Weight Loss Transformations
Eric’s 100 Pound Weight Loss Transformation – From Fat to Fit
NAME : Eric
BEFORE WEIGHT : 282
AFTER WEIGHT : 182
POUNDS LOST : 100
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
My entire life! I have always been overweight. Since I was a child I struggled with my weight. It was not until I was an adult I realized I had a serious problem.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
I was always self-conscious. Physically I was not able to do what everyone else could. The little things everyone takes for granted, like fitting into an airplane seat, I could not do because of my weight.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
At my sister in laws wedding, we took a lot of pictures, and I could not recognize myself. I gained a lot of weight. I had lost weight before but gained it all back. I knew I was getting bigger when I bought a new suit because my old suits would not fit. But I had gotten huge!
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
The very first thing I did was started drinking more water. I upped my water intake to at least eight, eight-ounce glasses of water a day. It was the first step of starting to add healthy habits to my daily routine.
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
Quickly! I starting dropping weight fast. Like most people, I jumped into losing weight as quickly as possible and was 100% dedicated.
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
The biggest challenge was that I was not physically able to exercise like I needed. I had to first lose enough weight to stop wheezing and having joint pain while moving.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
Always. A new life style is never easy. What I did to keep going was realize that if I gave up, I never would start again. Quitting is admitting defeat.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
I hit several. I overcame set backs by not giving up. Most people give up. I know that when I plateau it is because a big drop is coming. After a while, it makes me excited that progress will come.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
About six months into my journey and I hit my goal of 90 pounds.
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
I can now wear size 32 jeans. Never in my entire life was I able to wear size 32 jeans. It was a huge boost to my self-confidence.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I ate too much. I rarely ate vegetables, and I ate a lot of meat and potatoes. I basically follow no rules and let my emotions and taste buds dictate what I ate and when.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I resumed exercise. Jogging and weight training. Mainly a kettlebell. I love using a kettlebell because it allows me to get my heart rate up and burn calories while maintaining muscle.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Not everyone can use the same diet, or there would be no slim fast or weight watchers. Find what works for you. If a diet does not work for you, it just means it is not the right diet. You did nothing wrong.
- Drink water! Most people are dehydrated and it is proven that people confuse hunger for thirst. Drinking water can help curb those late night cravings.
- Make exercise fun and apart of your daily routine. It is not working out if you enjoy it, it is just fun.
- Reward yourself. I decided to use the money I saved from eating junk to buy things I always wanted. I now have a watch collection I always wanted.
- Find inspiration in yourself. The people who care about you may like you just how you are. They may want you to get healthy but they still like you how you are. When you decide to lose weight, it is because you want to lose weight. Never forget why you started.