Eat Clean to Be Lean!
The title is one tip that our this week’s featured member, Hotmama_06 would like to share with you. She has lost over 40 pounds and is now thrilled with her new figure. Here she tells us how she made lifestyle changes that included regular exercise, portion control and eating healthier – all of which helped her shed those unwanted pounds.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
I realized I wasn’t happy with myself. I worked 8 hrs a day snacked on candy, drink pop a lot, and didn’t eat proper portion sizes. Then my husband left for Iraq, and I told myself “THAT’S ENOUGH!” I wanted to make the necessary changes so that when he came home, it would be to a happier wife/mother.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
Before I started my journey, I hadn’t really tried too much. I had tried to get into a routine of working out, but that didn’t last very long. Because we moved from MN to CO to CA.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
The changes I made in my lifestyle were GREAT! I started with making sure I ate breakfast every day, getting to the gym during my lunch hr at work, watching how much I ate, switching to diet pops, and doing Pilate’s in the evening. During all this I tried doing the Slim Fast diet, I even tried taking Smart Burn-fat Burner, and Quick Slim (for mom’s); at different times. I’m sure in combination it all worked, because by September 2006 I weighed in at 135 lbs. That was just the beginning for me! I spent the next 2 yrs in and out of the gym, and had quit my job the spring of 2007. In 2008, we moved from California to Florida. While in FL I started to pretty much maintain and tone my muscle. That by the time we moved to Maryland in 2009, I was skinny and happy.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I found Calorie Count in 2008 when I was researching what foods I should be eating. And since then, it has been a part of my every day routine. Granted I did have a period of time when I didn’t use the logs so much, but I always use it to help me make good healthy choices.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
My difficulties in losing weight was mostly when I wouldn’t eat right. During periods of time when I just didn’t care what or how much I was eating. I still have times like that, but I know how to use self-control, and limit myself when I’m eating.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
In 2006, I started to see results by that July. But as far as success goes, that was when I stood on the stage for the first time in June 2010. It was my first figure competition, and I was nervous, but felt full of confidence! It was GREAT! I had never felt that confident about myself. And that’s why I continue to compete.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
There’s no thinking about it anymore. It’s part of my routine, my lifestyle. Eating healthy and staying fit! I do have my days, but I look at an old picture and remember how I felt about myself.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I have so much more confidence in everything I do. I feel energetic and happy more!
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
I’ve been able to maintain my current 135-145 weight range for going on to 2 years.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Research…always know what you are eating. Read the labels, most importantly read the ingredients list.
- Watch the sodium levels in what you eat…sodium is just one of those things that no one really pays enough attention too.
- Plan ahead…especially if you eat out. Know the menu before you go out. A lot of restaurants have websites with menus to view.
- Carbs and healthy fats are your friend! They are the main energy source for our bodies.
- Eat Clean to Be Lean!
Originally posted 2014-10-16 11:00:07. Republished by Blog Post Promoter