Beaming With Confidence
After stepping on the scale, Natalieann89 felt the time had come for her to finally address her weight issues. She was tired of feeling self-conscious and suffering from physical problems, and knew that the cause was her lifestyle. She has shed 45lbs by using Calorie Count and adding daily exercise.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment?
When I was 18 I got on the scale and it said 179lbs, I told myself and my mom that I would never let myself weight 180 at such a young age. And I never did.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?
I tried Weight Watchers, and also just eating healthier, but I needed more to push me.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change?
I cut out alcohol and fast-food. I allowed myself one day a week to eat something I love or drink a beer, if I had been good all week. I started to go to the gym for at least 20 minutes four nights a week and started taking vitamins. I realized that weight loss was a mind over body situation; it was up to my brain and heart to get my body where it is now. Most important: People need to remember that their body belongs to them; they don’t belong to their body.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss.
I used Calorie Count to log my weight every two weeks. I logged my calories every single day for almost two years, and still do most days. I also used the Blogs and recipes when I needed help and or information from other members in similar age/weight situations.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight?
There was a period of time where I saw no results, but then one day the inches and pounds just melted off.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success?
About a year into the weight loss I had lost 10 lbs and a few inches off my overall body. I’m 22 now and I’m to a point where I know what I need to do to look how I want to.
7. How do you prevent relapse?
I get lazy on working out sometimes, but I stay pretty strict with the 6 days a week eating less fat and counting calories.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I’m happy. I don’t cry myself to sleep anymore. My breasts have reduced from a 40EE to a 34D, my back doesn’t hurt and my clothes fit. I go out now, as to where I used to hide in my room because I hated how I looked and felt. My entire life has done a 360 because I FEEL like I’m worth the space I take up on earth.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight?
Between 7-9 months I have been less than 140lbs.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
- Never give up.
- Work hard.
- Don’t worry what other people think. Do what makes you happy with yourself.
- You will reach your goal.
- The only thing stopping you is yourself.
Originally posted 2014-10-07 11:00:59. Republished by Blog Post Promoter