Weight Loss Stories
79 Pounds Lost: Slowly losing weight but quickly gaining so much more
NAME : Fanaye
BEFORE WEIGHT : 247
AFTER WEIGHT : 170
POUNDS LOST : 79
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
I’ve always had a weight issue but didn’t really notice till I was in my 20’s how much it impacted me/
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
Activity level, self confidence and health
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
I wanted to set a good example for my children
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
I first started by walking and portion control
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
I saw results within weeks
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
Not knowing what healthy eating looked like and fitting things into my schedule with 3 kids, work and busy home life
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
I always wanted to give up. My husband’s constant encouragement and my children watching.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
I hit a plateau after losing my first 30 pounds. I waited for some time and then joined Weight Watchers.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
It took me almost a year.
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
I gained 30 pounds back over a course of 3 years and I took control back this year. I got serious about my health. My biggest NSV has to be that staying active and eating healthy is the norm for my family and kiddos.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I have a balanced outlook on food; with a heavy focus on fruits, veggies, grilled and steamed versus breaded and fried. At restaurants I would order fettuccini Alfredo and dessert, now I get a blackened fish and skip desserts most of the time.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I’m at the gym about 4 times a week doing spin or strength training, walking would have been too strenuous when I was heavier
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Tracking food and exercise is such a great accountability measure. I take pictures of my food when I’m too busy to track in the moment. It’s a great visual and reminder.
- Journaling is such a great way to vent, dream and put thoughts on paper. I’m currently using a 5 min journal app that is so easy to use.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of simple things like sleep and hydration. I noticed that my best weight loss weeks are the ones where my sleep was on point.
- Find a support group! Someone who will cheer you on, kick your butt, help you and be there for you as needed. Find your own village!
- You are enough right now, today just the way you are. Weight loss isn’t about being a “better” you or a “you” that you can love. Weight loss is more about allowing you to live the life you want to live.
Originally posted 2017-01-18 12:07:25. Republished by Blog Post Promoter