68 Pounds Lost: My mission to self love and health!
NAME : Marina
BEFORE WEIGHT : 325
AFTER WEIGHT : 257
POUNDS LOST : 68 (so far!)
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
I have had a weight problem my entire life. I can remember attending Diet Workshop meetings with my mom at 12 years old. I couldn’t ever remember not being overweight.
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
My weight contributed greatly to my depression and anxiety from an early age. I never felt comfortable anywhere, I never felt like I fit in. I have always been the class clown, because I adapted the “if I say it first then they can’t ” attitude really young.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
My turning point was looking at a picture one day and not even recognizing myself. I had 2 young kids, an amazing spouse and still I was so lost. I wasn’t happy, my anxiety and depression was negatively affecting every relationship in my life and I felt hopeless. I avoided the doctor because every time I went he spoke to me about getting surgery and I just wanted to do it myself, but every time I fell short.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
I embarked on this journey with the help of an amazing coach and my best friend by my side. We dove in head first. Our coach laid of Meal plans and ideas and introduced us to the concept of counting macros. We threw out ever piece of food that didn’t fit the plan and began meal prepping to ensure success. Having a friend by your side losing is such a motivation and so helpful.
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
I started seeing results in myself within the first few weeks. When I hit around 25 lbs down others started seeing it too. I love trying on old clothes and seeing how loose they fit and I take a lot of progress photos.
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
My biggest obstacle was myself. I didn’t have any faith in myself or my ability to do this. I was living unhealthy and unhappy for so long I just thought it would always be like that. I didn’t love myself, and finding self love has been the most important part of this journey for me.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
I have found so much motivation in my tribe. The group of people I’m surrounded with are so supportive. I love to look at motivational quote and before and after pics. It’s so cool to see real people doing it on their own. I also have found the Instagram weightloss community to be a huge help. Everyone is so supportive and it’s amazing following along with others as the embark on the same journey as you.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
In the past months the weight has been coming off slower, but I’ve yet to gain. I’ve accepted that it’s all a part of the process and I’ve gone back to the basics I started with to kind of restart myself.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
I started this journey 6 months ago and I am a little over half way to goal.
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
I have had a million! I swear everyday I discover something new my body can do. My clothes are constantly getting bigger and it’s such an amazing feeling watching the transformation. I can cross my legs and touch my foot to the ground, I can shop at normal stores for jeans and I have so much energy I barely know what to do with it. It’s incredible!
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I have ALWAYS been an emotional eater. Since childhood. I have also always been a binger. Once I started it was so hard to stop. I would sneak snacks so no one would see how much I really ate.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I didn’t work out initial, but I’ve always worked a very active job where I’m moving constantly. I am working the gym into my regime now because I want to tone and create the body I am aiming for and I’m willing to put in the hard work it takes to get it.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Progress pictures! Take underwear selfies every week! Take them from all angles! I have found progress pics to be incredibly helpful and motivating. Even on the days that The mirror seems to not reflect the change, pictures don’t lie. You don’t have to share them but trust me, the farther along you get in the journey the more you’ll wish you had taken them from the start!
- Meal prep- make it impossible to fail! If everything is ready for you each day, the excuses for not having time will fall flat!
- Lara bars are my obsession! Chocolate banana ones literally make me feel like I’m having a cheat treat, but they are so pure and good for you!
- Write it all down! Journal your feelings about the journey, blog or start a weightloss Instagram. Get your feelings written down and look back on it from time to time. Remind yourself how you felt after a binge, celebrate the day you fit into Target jeans, list all the things your new body is capeable of. It’s amazing to see the changes laid out infront of you!
- Track, track, track everything!!!!!!!
Originally posted 2017-03-17 14:35:10. Republished by Blog Post Promoter