Weight Loss Stories
28 Pounds Lost: Untitled_1
NAME : Helen
BEFORE WEIGHT : 252
AFTER WEIGHT : 224
POUNDS LOST : 28
WHEN DID YOU START DEVELOPING A WEIGHT PROBLEM?
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE?
Yes I was at my lowest state ever. I felt like my son was the only good thing in my life but I barely saw him.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
After miscarriage number 3 and a conversation with my gynaecologist which felt like he was pushing me down the route of hysterectomy (as he insisted there was “no cure for endometriosis”) I decided to research the hell out of it and quickly found a lot of theories about it being diet related.
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED?
I cut out all dairy, gluten and processed sugar. I found a plan that gave me tons of support for clean eating, weight loss and whole food based supplements. My energy levels came out of no-where, my symptoms were reducing by the month! I started HIIT training and even got back to running before finding out I was pregnant again!
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS?
First week and then steady reduction in weight – as I was still working in a stressful environment between April and August I did have a few spells of not sticking to the plan and the wine came out.
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART?
Working in my job (as mentioned above). It was a stressful and toxic environment which drained me mentally and emotionally and made it hard to be enthusiastic and positive about anything. The turning point came when I left there.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING?
No never I knew it was going to be my ultimate journey to being the vision I had set out for myself and continues to be.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM?
I just kept dusting myself off and starting back the next day. Trying to not keep it too long. And plenty of self-hypnosis and creative visualisation
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT?
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES?
Being 20 weeks pregnant ❤
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
Yes I worked full time with a long commute – 2 hours each way. I lived in coffee shops and the work canteen for carb and sugar heavy food to keep me going till the end of the day. I rarely cooked as my son had all his meals in nursery there was little incentive to do healthy dinners. I’d share some takeaway with my partner when our son went to bed.
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER?
I did nothing while I was heavier, nothing at all. Walking to the tube station and then to my office was as much exercise as I did. I left my job in August last year and now my exercise is walking my dog, pregnancy yoga and swimming.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Visulalise how you want to be and look at the end of your journey. Hold that image clear in your head and get emotional about it. Believe it has already achieved.
- Surround yourself with people who are on your wave length. Who can uplift you and be a positive energy in your life. Swerve drains, even if they are supporting your weight loss journey, they will still zap your energy and pass on their toxicity.
- Learn to love and accept yourself Unconditionally. It’s so hard to look in the mirror at the start of your journey and tell yourself you are amazing, especially if like me you are in the throes of self loathing. Just say it anyway, every day until very soon it becomes a lot easier to believe and acccpet.
- Meal prep is the key. My programme was good as it consisted of meal replacement and clean eating so I had flexibility being really busy as shakes were so quick to put together. Always have a fall back for when life throws you a curve ball and you run out of time to meal prep.
- Find an accountability partner, can be anyone but has to be someone you hate to let down. Tell them your plans, tell them it’s going to be a journey with some expected bumps along the way but tell them you need their support to anable you to get to the destination. Outline an agreement between the two of you which keeps you accountable to them in return for their support.
Originally posted 2017-03-17 16:32:40. Republished by Blog Post Promoter